Check out the new program guide for YogaHub’s 2011 virtual conference ~ and see how HUGE this event is!
YogaHub: Yoga, Meditation & The Philosopher’s Stone
There are 75+ speakers, over 100 hours of workshops and training, a daily intention setting session in the morning and an integration program in the evening sandwiching a full day of diverse programming.
This year’s virtual Yoga and Meditation Conference is bigger and better than ever. In the program guide you’ll see LOH faculty:
- Your’s Truly on Bootcamp: Framework & Practice, An Introduction (+ F*REE Preview Call)
- Emilie Conrad on Moving Medicine: Bones (Nina moderating)
- Grant Connolly on ZPoint for Peace & Making Peace with your Past (Nina moderating)
- Matt Kahn & Julie Dittmar on “The Heart of Enlightenment” & “Peaceful Mind, Loving Heart” (Nina Moderating)
- Dr. Madan Kataria on Laughter Yoga
- Suzanne Scurlock-Durana on Full Body Presence: The Essence of Yoga & The 5 Principles of Full Body Presence
- Megan McDonough on “Living with Ease”
Plus much, much more!
It’s just weeks away, so download your program guide NOW, BUT…
Make sure to use coupon code NWL219 during checkout & you’ll save $50 OFF the registration fee.
Wishing You the Best of the Season and Every Blessing into 2011!
With the trending energies over the last 2 months, I’ve had an ‘action-adventure’ type of feeling with the non-stop pace that goes along with those kinds of shows!
Hence the snowball ~ It reminds me of Indiana Jones. (with a smile)
In retrospect of 2010: I avoided ‘catastophic failure’ among other Fun Stuff such as:
- 3 Layers of Health Teleseminar programs
- Accepting more speaking & collaboration opportunities
- Hosting a monthly Energy program
- Family stuff: Skiing, Wrestling, Graduation, Driving, Sets of Renovations, Flood, Winning Things, Volunteering, Teaching, Theatre Events…
Looking forward to 2011 and ‘in the works’ plans:
- Complete the sites merger & expand the learning programs
- 2 Layers of Health programs – Big changes ‘behind the curtain’
- Find time for my other projects (!) – My editor has infinite patience
- More collaborative fun and projects with others
Below is my first pick of image because it reminds me of: a conversation with a friend recently, childhood memories and our connection with angelic presence. I chose the one above because I *love the excitement & drama! Have you met my friend the Yeti? Click here!
The brain (central nervous system) and lymph system are like ‘brother and sister’and the extracellular fluid is like the grandfather in their coordinated function for your overall health.
Brain & Lymph Drainage Therapy Techniques
The fluid systems of your body are key for delivery of nutrients and processing of toxins. Your cells are bathed in fluid, your blood circulates fluid, your discs, eyes and cells are full of fluid… and each component has it’s own intelligence & consciousness. The brain & your body can be adversely impacted by:
- Birth trauma & Physical impact: falling, being hit…
- Toxic exposure: cleaning supplies, carbon monoxide
- Emotional trauma & Allergic reactions
Dr Chikly uses an extensive scientific background and an open mind in developing his methods, balancing right brain & left brain approaches. He compared the ability to affect deep tissues to 2 magnets on opposite sides of a window still having an affect on each other.
Brain therapy results have been measured by MRI & the Lymph system helps all other systems function better. He has well over 200 treatment applications including:
- Veterans: affected by bomb blasts
- Parkinsons, lymphedema, car accidents
- Poor concentration, focus & issues of the aging mind
- Jet lag, hang overs, skin health and hundreds of more applications
His extensive experience gives him philosophical privilege to contemplate: Love and treatment, consciousness of tissues, “gourmet” manual therapy, the brain as ‘the Holy of Holies’ and lymph as a tool of personal transformation. (Wow ~ He even made dissection sound romantic in this call! Where do I sign up?)
Karate, judo, rock ‘n’ roll drummer (opening for Janis Joplin), psychology, broken neck (in a halo), rolfing, body / mind, philosophy, physical therapy school, osteopathy, bio-mechanical to functional… In another context he’d mentioned that you can’t teach experience (!) and his experiences lead to:
Erik advised us not to get married (to one idea or another). As a multi-modal pain management system, Myoskeletal Alignment works to keep pace with evolving scientific understanding and allows that to shape the work. Examples on how his thinking has grown:
- When he went to massage school, everything was a muscle issue…
- When he went to Rolfing school, everything was a fascial issue…
- And when he broke his neck, everything became a bony issue.
Then he realized that it all works together and he now places attention on working to the deepest restrictive layer, whether that is superficial or deep. A key treatment aim for Erik is to have an aligned & level sacral base and the eyes level. There are several ways he approaches this aim. He looks for tissue issues to do with:
- Ascending syndromes – affecting the body lower than the issue: ie. TMJ dysfunction affecting the upper back
- Descending syndromes – affecting the body above the issue: ie. low back pain due to a foot problem
- Upper & lower cross syndromes: issues of imbalance such as in our “Flexion Addicted Society”
- Gait, physiology and more…
There are many factors that contribute to pain and the Myoskeletal approach is to facilitate “… proper neural, myofascial and skeletal function.” (From the notes that come with the YouTube video below)
The amount of ‘emergency calls’ I’ve received in the last 4 weeks is a real reflection of what’s going on. This is not just the holiday season or the economy. I apologize for not getting this note out earlier, but I’ve been knee deep in it myself and have been prepping for some pretty big & exciting changes in 2011!
Heaving Change: Use the Momentum
The energies look more than a little chaotic… it reminds me of the kind of earthquake where the earth really rolls & churns.
The bad news is that it’s hard to tell which way is up, old stuff is being regurgitated from the past and things thought resolved have suddenly made an appearance again.
The good news is that there are very few undercurrents and if you really decide to ‘work’ the energy currents, you can make very good use of the energy momentum. How, you ask?
This is decision time. Choose Now & hold your Higher Vision.
Sometimes it’s appropriate to be able to flow, absorb the movement and coast along. This isn’t what I’ve seen lately. There are random things coming up for folks:
- You are posed with life changing opportunity. These are very real forks in the road with no going back. Are you going to live your dream? (risk, fear & all?)
- Others with influence in your life are making choices that are in-congruent with your vision for the life you want. It’s like they can’t hear you or aren’t taking you seriously. There can’t be any bluffing or posturing here when approaching this.
- You have a strange awareness that you aren’t acting like yourself. Others are provoking a weird, kind of fake response system within you. You have to decide on reality over fantasy. Most often I’ve seen reality compromise because of a deep longing desperation. This is a call to align with a deeper inner truth.
Once you choose, follow up and follow through. Get the wheels in motion.
This is the scaffolding for your unfolding vision. If you aren’t flowing with your vision, the energy will churn and you will feel carried away and without control. Have you ever been whitewater rafting? It’s better to be paddling!
- This is not the moment for catharsis, processing or introspection.
- If it comes up to be looked at, face it. Get help & make an actionable plan if needed.
- Measure your choices against your inner awareness and follow the aligning path.
This seems to have taken people off guard a bit. Reference back to the last newsletter for the reasons. Click here. Then reference back to the one before that to see what is coming to a head right now. Click here. Of course there will always be struggles, but now is the time to stake your claim in the direction of the life you want.
What if you don’t? 2 points:
- You create time. Not a bad thing if you can rest with your choice since new opportunities will always unfold as the Universe conspires for your well-being. Not a good thing if you’ll face regret and are discontent with the way things are right now.
- Facing overwhelm or emptiness. Without personal investment in your visions, they will begin to feel hollow and like they will never manifest. And truly, if you don’t action your vision, how will they evolve into being? Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
Even a seemingly downward spiral has momentum that can rebound like a boomerang and it doesn’t have to end in a crash. Just allow for unexpected avenues and explore, explore, explore! It is this same strategy that I used this month when someone used the words, “Catastrophic failure” to me ~ regarding something to do with me. (!)
General encouragement: Take advantage of the movement that’s already around and try to remember that although change can be rough, it’s got a momentum in place that’s very hard to generate from a ‘stand still’ position. It’s this same energy that will carry you through to the other side of the chaos.
Are you limiting your physical health – Even in your imagination?
Color Wisdom: Embodying Spirit
Your physical body & spiritual worlds connect; physical manifestations can come from your energy clarity & balance. There is an immense power of the human spirit to heal.
When the Spirit is so moved, the physical body will take you where you need to go to accomplish what you need to accomplish. ~ Tori Hartman
Healing in this lifetime impacts 7 generations back & forward and your DNA changes with this work. Generationally, we have agreements with our grandparents to help them heal. Color Wisdom uses the power of color to tap into 7 personal centers:
- Red – root, grounding to earth, movement
- Orange – emotion (some symptoms: hives, nerves, sleeplessness)
- Yellow – solar plexus, intellectual
- Green – heart
- Blue – throat, communication
- Indigo – inside us yet to be communicated + higher consciousness
- Violet – infinite mind
- White – heaven / God, Spirit, universe
- Dark – everyone has a shadow & those are aspects that protect us
Tori sees a grace in each person, even if we don’t have the clarity to see it. We need people around us to see our greatness when we can’t & it’s about finding people and interacting with those who will experience mutual benefit while taking the highest possible road.www.budurl.com/ColorWisdom www.torihartman.com
Sacred Lomi can be compared to a mantra and it can be seen as a weaving of energy. Sacred Lomi weaves the waking world and the sleeping world together which allows for a very profound space and comes from the Temple Style Lomi.
The system / form is assistive for the person to connect with themselves. It is more about un-learning things that aren’t very useful anymore so you can be more fully you. Figure 8′s & circular movements are an integral part of the system and is designed to confuse the thinking mind that likes to control & analyze. Your body receives the message that you can let go.
Donna shares that the invitation is to let go on deeper levels than the recipient has ever had and so there needs to be a safer space than the recipient has ever been in.
Tom shares that there aren’t really rules, however there are principles. The training is more about learning about yourself than learning a set of techniques, but it still has structure. Key principles & important considerations include:
- Listening : Whole Being : Now : Love
- Movement : Sound : Breath : Presence
- Trust : Safety : Boundaries : Acceptance
Sacred Lomi is powerful both as a modality, and also for personal development for those who want greater personal healing & awareness.
What is among the highest compliments? I think Ryan said flatulence (!) He also described his passion for massage as spreading like a plague! (… of empowerment for folks and their health!)
Massage Therapy: Massage Nerd
Massage training varies from location to location, but basic training includes: Anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, basic massage techniques, “Swedish Massage.” No matter what techniques are used, Ryan emphasizes that listening to the client is very important.
There can be health consequences from too much stress & relaxation massage can be very beneficial. A few other forms include:
- Deep Tissue/Neuromuscular Therapy: specific aches & pains, trigger points
- Sports Massage / Orthopedic Massage: aches & pains, more medical
- Spa based – often relaxation oriented depending on treatment
- More than muscles: lymph, fascia, digestion
Sometimes your pain can be referring from another location and so treatment beyond the specific complaint is common so as not to miss the cause. These locations are called trigger points, or hyper-irritable spots in the muscles that can refer pain. Some examples include:
- Headaches that come from your neck & shoulders
- Groin pain that can have abdominal origins
- Low back pain that is a referral from your gluteal muscles.
Ryan’s site is a wealth of information and he is mindful of different learning styles: E-books, video, images, techniques…www.MassageNerd.com Twitter.com/MassageNerd Facebook.com/MassageNerd YouTube.com/MassageNerd UStream.tv/channel/MassageNerd
First you put yourself in a box, then you put others in a box and it ends up being a comfortable, although limiting perception of reality.
You aren’t defined by your limitations ro circumstances because you are so much more than that. We have explorative and creative qualities and harnessing these subtle energies leads to:
- Resilience & ‘okay-ness’
- Empowerment & Fulfillment
- Inner Peace
A ‘bottom-up’ view of the dimensions will limit your perspective and a ‘top-down’ approach within your life will allow you choice, freedom & growth. You can tell the difference because of a ‘clear air’ feeling
New ideas, inspiration & genuine creativity comes from the 5th dimension and is not subject to the limitations of the 4th dimension.
It is critical to be able to be wrong as that allows your perception to evolve. The development of intuition adds depth & richness to your engagement in life and enhances how you engage in Sacred Service to the world.
This graceful modality has been compared to a dance and is considered a Dynamic Art & a Healing Art with origins back to the time of the Buddha.
Thai Yoga Massage
The name ‘Lotus Palm’, Kam Thye’s company, has symbolism in the ‘Lotus’ as a flower representing clarity, beauty, purity & enlightenment and ‘Palm’ is indicating the palming techniques used. The name can therefore be translated to “The Art of Compassionate Touch” for this mindful, respectful and sensitive approach. There are 4 foundations to the technique:
- Rhythmic Rock
- Touch Technique
Kam Thye compared the modality to “A Yoga Dream.” It utilizes a ‘deep listening’ to the client’s body and brings them into a yoga pose while focusing on energy lines and working on those energy lines, called sen lines. There are 4 breathing techniques used:
- Mindful Breathing – deep, meditative, present moment
- Synchronized Breathing – respectfully breathing with the client, “dancing with breath”
- Induced Breathing – used to encourage exhale
- Directed Breathing – asking the client to focus on their breath to move them into a deeper pose
Thai Yoga Massage can be considered the physical application of Loving Kindness and is a combination of Buddhism & Yoga.