Posts Tagged ‘Nov09’
Deborah said it was a Gift From the Universe in discovering Touch Drawing. I feel like I’ve received this to be able to share Touch Drawing out further! It is a fascinating technique that centers around the core of your Being and is expressed through a series of images that flow out of your hands. It is somatic – a felt sense, art or a picture is a byproduct.
Self Exploration, Therapy, Individual and Community
The above are all words that can describe Deborah’s work.
- It isn’t a therapy, but it can be used by therapists
- It can be facilitated one : one, in a group or be a solo exploration
- It can be embraced by anyone, not just artists
Touch Drawing can stand alone as an art and increase the depth that an artist can reach, and yet she has many stories of people with challenges who use it to express and open doors of insight. The magic isn’t in the perfection of the drawing, but in the process of creating and she walked us through a description of what that would look like… the power is in the series of drawings.
The applications are so diverse… we talked about:
- corporate use for hospital administrators or those in health care
- health challenges: physical, mental / emotional… like autism, Parkinson’s, depression, grief
- exploring concepts like nature, lectures and music
Deborah’s mandate is to share the technique and allow it to grow and live through the creative expressions of others. Although she’s written a Facilitator Workbook, there is no ‘teacher certification’ process that she requires. We compared it to parenting and her Center for Touch Drawing to be just that – a Center where people can gather and compare, share and celebrate.
I got way broader information than I dreamed when I decided to lead in with a question of how plants related to his elective course on Mayan Prophecy!
Medicinal Mushrooms, Herbs & Flower Essences
He’s studied with shamans, has a Ph.D., is a Master Herbalist and has an enlightening perspective on plants, fear and making independent, informed choices.
What a gift to be able to consider the wisdom of the plant kingdom:
- We learned that mushrooms have ancient and developed memory out to 899 generations (but not beyond)
- Flowers only have positive emotion, even Bleeding Hearts and the scentless ‘essence’ is different from the ‘essential oil’
- Each plant has a personality that needs to be considered in recommending treatment and approach to health
Herbology can be taken at the most superficial chemical level, or deeper and deeper (or higher and higher) in honor and approach especially considering we are global citizens who have independence and the ability to choose our way of honoring ourselves and others.
Flower essences in particular assist in balancing our emotions which, along with the herbs can help protect us from all that life throws at us from H1N1 to the economy.
It’s amazing to think that plants can help us with everything from feeling overwhelmed to immunity support.
Check out Dr. Terry’s work through the Wild Rose College at www.wrc.net
We’ve gotten the “green light” to eat as much chocolate as we want! I think I’m in heaven…
Raw Food Has Its Own Innate Intelligence
That is one of the many little pearls that Dave gave us on this call… and there were a lot! The info was diverse because of the overwhelming listener response…
We touched on:
- food allergies & addictions
- calcium & MSM
- inflammation, water & toxicity
- raw food & personal awareness
There were some great questions along the lines of where should a beginner start? Where is there support if you can’t find it locally? Did you know that there are masculine and feminine aspects to food?
There was even more on:
- mushrooms and fungus (good & bad)
- detoxifying and cleansing (body & mind)
- masculine and feminine aspects of food (I gave Dave some ribbing about “Avacado”)
It seems that he’s thought in these sort of terms from childhood, in part because his parents were medical doctors… he was 5 years old when the seeds of his Longevity Now program were planted. Hmm… I think I was playing with my dolls at that age.
Let’s all have the Best Day Ever!
Chakra literally means ‘wheel’ and your nutrition influences the spin of these energy centers that are a part of you! They tie in with your endocrine glands.
Our Bodies are Dancing Matter
Deanna started with a basic description of each of the 7 chakras, the 7 layers of who we are, and we worked our way to deeper details:
- They are a rainbow of colours that are influenced by the foods we eat and the environment we are in
- We can “reset” and reconnect to our Inner Self by being present and trying something new (such as picnic a meal instead of eating at the table)
- More isn’t the key ~ balance is better (and you are unique)
- The odd chakras are masculine and the even ones are feminine… and treatment might not look as suspected because of this
- For the macro-nutrients: the root is about protein, the sacral chakra is about fats, and the solar plexus is about carbs (and then there are the food correlations)
We talked about daily ebbs and flows as well as lifetime flows… And Deanna gave us chakra nutritional advice about menopause.
Other hot topics we addressed are:
- Diets (the word DIE – with a T) and the truth about giving our power away
- Fats – they aren’t all bad
- Calories – counting them can cause you to define yourself as a number
- Food allergies, cravings, eating disorders, vegetarianism, water
AND she gave us a healthy recipe for peri-menopause! Blend whey protein, ground flax & berries for a heart healthy smoothie! (and don’t add legumes to the smoothie unless you can’t get them any other way ~ lol)
Her site: www.foodandspirit.com
I’m wearing a fascial unitard. There was a little back and forth about this and I’m not sure if he said he wore pantyhose in class or if I just imagined it. Tom is a funny and creative guy and so I wouldn’t put it past him if the cause was to create understanding with his students. After all, the seeds of this therapy started with an anatomy game when he was teaching at the Rolf Institute.
Anatomy Trains, KMI & Spatial Medicine
Once you factor in the influences of Buckminster Fuller, Ida Rolf and Moshe Feldenkrais, you pretty much have to add it up to “Tom”. I almost don’t know where to go in this blog because we touched on everything from pantyhose to snot, education to movement, treatment to research and your cells to your environment.
He has taken a global systems thought process and applied it to movement and fascial bodywork. He’s learned from pioneers and has become one himself applying a tensegrity model to the body structure through acknowledgement of all systems, but particularly:
- The nervous system,
- The cirulatory system
- The fascial system
These he singles these three out because they are found everywhere in the body. His focus is particularly the fascia and connective tissues and he shared pearls about our body transformations and the reasons they happen.
Beyond Anatomy Trains & Kinesis Myofascial Integration (KMI), Tom touched on Spatial Medicine concepts which made me wish we had more time! Unfortunately I had to reign him in due to time constraints.
He had some amazing advice:
- For the layperson: Explore your movement in any way you can (and your kids)
- For the practitioner: Learn about the fascia (it’s on the cutting edge of research)
Check out his website: www.anatomytrains.com
His free Q & A is in the cart for Layers of Health subscribers.
Flirting… Courting… Bonding… Committment…
I thought this was supposed to be about building a Holistic Health Practice?!
Designing Relationships ~ #1 Key, 4 Stages, 8-Part Formula, 2 Critical Words
- You’ve gone to school… you’ve got the skills… now what?
- You’ve been in practice for a while… you’re looking for a refresher… now what?
- Your focus is transforming… You’re looking for a way to redefine yourself… now what?
Sharon made it really clear that YOU are the most important person in your business! If you don’t know what you want to create, then there’s no starting place. After that, it’s all about *relationships*.
Sometimes presenting yourself to the public can be intimidating, but not from Sharon’s perspective… When you think about your marketing message, if your focus is on the relationship building instead of on you, then all the pressure is off…
By systemizing your approach…
It has to be all about the client to start with:
- The Patient (the ideal client),
- The Pain (why they are there),
- The Potential (what might be possible through treatment),
- The Proof (have you done this before?)
After that, you come in:
- The Process (your skill delivery),
- The Professional Edge (your angle),
- The Passion (what drives you),
- The Prompt (make your recommendation)
Once these steps are implemented with the appropriate marketing materials, you can rest assured within your plan. This, of course, is only one part of Sharon’s whole approach that also includes: Relationship with Self, Relationship with Money, Relationships with Colleagues & Current Clients.
Thanks Sharon, for the free tool! Found at: www.clientrichttool.com
I always get nervous when the time comes to share with others… I’ve been told (a lot) that I don’t see the world in a typical way. Embracing that has been an interesting personal challenge and in doing this it has become my mission to offer my version of reality as an empowering tool for others. Please enjoy this audio and the Time Perspective exercise we did within it.
Managing 4D: Creating Context
I have some basic beliefs:
- Do your best, that way you won’t have regrets.
- There is always a way, even when things seem impossible.
- You are not just important, but critical to all of Existence.
- Be true to yourself and embrace this as a special brand of selfishness.
- Be flexible so that you can grow most easily into your Higher Purpose.
- Time is a tool so use it to strengthen your sense of self.
It doesn’t seem revolutionary to me in theory, but in practice this can be one of the hardest things to do – that is to be you in the fullest, greatest and most powerful way!
** Your life compass can only be accessed from within and it is important to hold all external advice, references, information up to the light of what you know to be right for you.
** Your life mission can only be delivered by you and so it is important for you to be able to move past the blocks that can seem to be insurmountable.
** Your truth and your path is unique to you and so knowing what to believe, who to believe and to what degree is going to have to be a personal journey.
….. ….. ….. ….. …..
My special offer to listeners is a class on Managing the 4th Dimension with three key components highlighted: Time, Roles and Emotions. This class will help you keep in context:
- Time: Using ages & stages. Past through future perspectives.
- Roles: Who are you to others? Who do you expect yourself to be?
- Emotions: In partnership with self-talk. Where should you put your focus? On the positive? … Maybe.
From the Innate to tapping and saliva in your belly-button… we covered it all! Then he called me a, “…seething bug bag.” Ummm… flattery will get you everywhere?! (~ Was that supposed to be his ‘inner voice’ ??)
BodyTalk System is really on the cutting-edge of medicine
I’m surprised that this interview is only about 75 minutes. John covered a lot about Bodytalk and most of Access and shared some ideas about the scope that his system can address. Although there wasn’t enough time to get into all of it, his system includes and integrates into Dynamic Systems Theory: PlantTalk, AnimalTalk, MindScape & BreakThrough.
Some Health issues he’s treated in the past include: cancer, food allergies, alcoholism, ADD, dehydration, dyslexia, Crohn’s and sprains. This seems to only touch the edge of the iceberg. BodyTalk doesn’t diagnose, and yet it looks for the source of the problem…
We went deep into the cells and talked about:
- genetic markers through epigenetics
- biophysics & quantum mechanics
- heart neurons & electromagnetics
If you’re curious about Medical Intuition, you’ll want to check this out because he blends science with his understanding of Innate consciousness. You’ll also want to know why the tapping which is characteristic of a treatment is so important. If that weren’t enough, he also touches on the Principles of Manifestation!
Check out his video to learn how to balance the Cortices yourself! (scroll down when you are there) Show me how!
He called it a system not just for Health, but a system that you can use to run your business and your life!
Emilie used her amazing Cosmic Scene Inspection skills causing me to “owe her thousands.” We negotiated US dollars, CDN dollars and even the Euro, but maybe Emilie will take Blessings ~ that I can do in the “millions.”
Continuum Movement is Fluid
We discussed everything from waves, spirals and pulses to the speed of movement and its affects on our lives!
- Where is the information in a wave? (secret of life # 206)
- What is the importance of water and fluidity?
- Cultural, pollution and natal implications…
That would be full enough time, but additionally…
- we were walked through “Jacques” sounds to affect our bones
- “Puffed O’s” aren’t a breakfast cereal
- Emilie answered listener questions
- She addressed constriction and the cosmic -> planet -> body resonant stream
At this point, I don’t care what I owe Emilie because the wealth of wisdom of her 75 years is worth every ounce!
Emilie, You Are Amazing!
This interview ended up being *nothing like I thought it would be. It ended up being about:
- personal alignment and congruity,
- partnering and collaborating,
- the vision translated to a working plan.
It was more about being *you on your path than business at all!
Anthony Groks Business Vision!
The vision is what Anthony’s all about and how to make that real! He works under the hood, he networks, he’s a helmsman and it is truely his calling to help you make *your dreams, *your Truth, & *your ideas manifest.
In this call, we had:
- great audience comments and questions (I love to hear from you!)
- a spontaneous announcement about a special new project Anthony is working on with world renowned healer Cyndi Dale (he chose LOH to give a sneak preview!)
- an exclusive offer for LOH… subscribe to find out more! www.layersofhealth.com
He’s been doing this for over 30 years and each person with whom he works, he gives a personalized, tailored attention.