Posts Tagged ‘SuzanneScurlockDurana’
Check out the new program guide for YogaHub’s 2011 virtual conference ~ and see how HUGE this event is!
YogaHub: Yoga, Meditation & The Philosopher’s Stone
There are 75+ speakers, over 100 hours of workshops and training, a daily intention setting session in the morning and an integration program in the evening sandwiching a full day of diverse programming.
This year’s virtual Yoga and Meditation Conference is bigger and better than ever. In the program guide you’ll see LOH faculty:
- Your’s Truly on Bootcamp: Framework & Practice, An Introduction (+ F*REE Preview Call)
- Emilie Conrad on Moving Medicine: Bones (Nina moderating)
- Grant Connolly on ZPoint for Peace & Making Peace with your Past (Nina moderating)
- Matt Kahn & Julie Dittmar on “The Heart of Enlightenment” & “Peaceful Mind, Loving Heart” (Nina Moderating)
- Dr. Madan Kataria on Laughter Yoga
- Suzanne Scurlock-Durana on Full Body Presence: The Essence of Yoga & The 5 Principles of Full Body Presence
- Megan McDonough on “Living with Ease”
Plus much, much more!
It’s just weeks away, so download your program guide NOW, BUT…
Make sure to use coupon code NWL219 during checkout & you’ll save $50 OFF the registration fee.
Who’s driving your bus? This question about presence is fascinating in assessing your resilience and your sense of fulfillment!
Full Body Presence
Suzanne shared insights on ‘the container of our being’. The fullness of this container determines the tone of our expriences… the level of ‘fulfillment.’ There are 5 principles:
- Trust – understanding we are within a sea of energy and we are a part of it
- Feel – physical and real
- Integration – as an innate experience that is naturally nourishing
- Expansion – our perception of our experiences, both limits & talents and more
- Choice – what are your choices every day? Do you have a daily practice to highlight your presence?
An incredible concept that came out of this discussion is the idea that with a change of perception can come a change of the future & possibilities. With that we touched upon was the difference between a wish & a potentiality.
Suzanne also briefly described her 3 explorations that are key to her process and that are included as audios with her book. It all starts with with an inner understanding of where you are now.
Thank you Suzanne, for reading to us your complete Imaginings of A World at Peace. What a wonderful *bonus! It is truly inspiring!Her book site: www.fullbodypresence.com (also found on Amazon) Her website: www.healingfromthecore.com
Suzanne started with Dr John Upledger from the very beginning of the Upledger Institute.
This modality evolved from Cranial Osteopathy and through research the mechanics & biology were discovered where previously it had been described in terms of energy waves & fluid waves.
In addition to biology, a CranioSacral therapist learns how to dialogue with the body using the cranio rhythm and with a listening sense. The touch is very, very gentle and the aim is to bring your nervous system back into balance.
Suzanne told us that they work with the nervous system through the cranial bones specifically and can address anything ‘slow stress’ from:
- falls to accidents
- back surgery to migraine headaches
- TMJ dysfunction to whiplash
- autism to chronic illness
Most people can benefit from babies to elderly. Suzanne walked us through an appointment and told us about a technique that works like a reset button.
She put together free audios for LOH, so check out her website and look for our link! Thank you Suzanne, for ‘loving us up!’